Longboard dancing is all about performing well-monitored moves and fluid balancing tricks while riding the longboard. However, if you want to enjoy this activity, you cannot do without the best dancing longboards. In this article, we will show you some of the best dancing longboards in the market.
- MADE BY SKATERS - All of our boards are designed by skaters and inspired by our location in Southern California, the birthplace of longboarding. Our design cues come from the local surf culture and natural materials, we let the simple aesthetics shine on their own. We also prioritize our customer service and want you to be completely stoked with your new board. All messages are replied to within 24 hours and we’ll do our very best to ensure satisfaction and maximum cruising on our boards.
- VERSATILE BOARD - 44-inch Longboard Skateboard designed for cruising and skating around town. Kicktails make this board super functional for all sorts of riding styles.
Magneto Kicktail Cruiser Longboard is a 44-inch dance longboard made with aluminum, maple, and bamboo. This black longboard comes with a durometer hardness of 78A. Its 70-mm wheel could enable it to cope with different terrains.
Weighing only 8 pounds, Magneto Kicktail Cruiser Longboard could be recommended for any individual who is 275 pounds or below. It has a sand grit finish. This finish could help your feet to remain steady on the longboard.
- The addition of kicktails increases its functionality and versatility
- Amazing design
- Poor quality bearings
- Not possible to adjust the trucks
- As an artisan work from our engineering team, the 42inch drop through camber deck offers super flex and shock absorber.
- 8-ply natural hardrock maple and epoxy glue, healthy materials bring more fun, and is better for environment.
One of the most important features of the Volador 42-inch Freeride Longboard Complete Cruiser is its drop-through camber deck. The rock maple deck provides exceptional shock absorption and flex. The material of the deck could ensure that it doesn’t cause harm to the environment. This longboard for dance weighs 7.3 pounds and has aluminum trucks as well as polyurethane wheels.
It has several graphic designs such as vintage looks. It might be one of the best dancing longboards for people that weigh as much as 250 pounds.
- Exceptional body and look
- Perfect for beginners
- Trucks can be adjusted up to 50 degrees
- High maintenance
- Low-quality additional bearings
- TRUCKS: Highly responsive 7-inch aluminum alloy trucks and ultra high elastic PU support pad,providing control and stability.
- DECK: 41 IN long x 9.5 IN wide deck made of cold press 8-ply natural maple with max load weight 330Ibs; brushed black surface for antislip. No assembly required.
Junli 41-inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard has a deck made with 8-ply natural maple. The deck is 104 cm long and 9.5 inches wide. Its 70-mm wheel comes with an eye-catching rock finish. It boasts of having 7-inch aluminum alloy trucks. The high responsiveness of the trucks could contribute immensely to the stability and control of this longboard dancing board for boys and girls.
Junli 41-inch Freeride Longboard is available in floral design. It could be great for freestyle riding, downhill riding, and different turning skills.
- Recommended for downhill rides
- Great for girls and boys of all ages
- Easy to assemble and dissemble
- Too much flex
- Too noisy especially when damaged
- Suitable for All-Skaters: Multi-layered Bamboo deck is 41" Long x 9.25" Wide and made from Canadian maple, provides a stable grip during skating. Ideal for Beginners, Medium or Advanced riders, who embrace the Skating lifestyle.
- The Bamboo Cruiser: Easy to ride Cruiser with its Drop Through Trucks are perfect flex for carving in the neighborhood, on campus or cruising the coastline. The mild concave and symmetrical shape makes it easy to maneuver.
Like many other dancing long boards, maple, bamboo, and aluminum are the main materials for making White Wave Bamboo Longboard. Its dimensions are 41 inches by 9.25 inches. With the dimensions, White Wave Longboard is probably big enough to accommodate different people regardless of the size of their feet.
It combines high-quality urethane wheels with ABEC-9 bearings. This combination could go a long way in improving the overall speed of the longboard.
- Top-notch construction
- Amazing design for high-quality functionality
- Too difficult for beginners to control or use
- Its wheels are too noisy
- ✅ 42 X 9 Inch Longborads Skateboards, drop through camber deck offers super flex and shock absorber.
- ✅ Cold press 9 ply natural hardrock maple and epoxy glue, healthy materials bring more fun, and is better for environment.
Slendor Longboard Skateboard has dimensions of 42 inches by 9 inches. Its deck is made with natural hard rock maple. Hence, this longboard for dance could be for people that want an environmentally friendly product. Besides, its drop-through camper deck might provide unrivaled shock absorption for seamless rides.
Slendor 42-inch Longboard Skateboard has soft 84A PU wheels as well as quality chrome steel bearings. The wheels could play a key role in improving the degree of adjustability and maneuverability of this dancing longboard.
- Spacious deck
- Adjustable trucks
- Good for dancing, freestyle, speed, and downhill riding
- Lots of complaints about how the board breaks quickly
- TOUGH MAPLE DECK: 42 inch long x 9 inch wide deck made of cold press 9-ply natural maple. Brushed black surface for anti-slip and beautiful back pattern brings more fun to beginners. For teriffic skateboarding experience, the recommended weight range is 20kg/44lbs-100kg/220lbs.
- DURABLE SMOOTH WHEELS: Durable 70mm X 51mm 78A PU wheels with ABEC-7 high speed carbon steel bearings makes you enjoy an unsurpassed smooth ride.
If you are looking for a dancing longboard for boys, girls, and adults, Gonex Longboard Skateboard could be a good product for you. The deck of this longboard is measured to be 9 inches wide and 42 inches long. The brushed black surface of the board might prevent you from slipping while enjoying a ride.
The high-speed bearings of this longboard are constructed with carbon steel. Also, the longboard comes with aluminum alloy trucks and a support pad. These two features could be crucial to the stability and control of this product. In addition, Gonex Longboard Skateboard has a maximum load weight of 330 pounds.
- Strong, durable, and balanced
- Recommended for freestyle, speed, and downhill riding
- Ease to dissemble because of its all-in-one tool
- A bit noisy
- Perfect Design--42-inch Longboard Skateboard designed for cruising, made 9 layers of high-quality Canadian maple. Suitable weight and lighter weight makes freestyle slalom easier and dancing more stable. The seething longboard is your everyday choice for getting from A to B in style and improving those freestyle skills. Feel free to play around with this one.
- Sturdy and Stable--Super durable deck is made of high-quality Canadian maple,durable to withstand riders up to 330lbs,offers perfect balance between toughness and weight.Equipped with genuine alluminium 7 Inch alloy trucks add more comfort to your skateboarding experience.
This Seething cruiser is a lightweight longboard for various activities including dancing, freestyle riding, cruising, and downhill riding. Its color is 1.2 green. Hence, it tends to be unique among other best dancing longboards.
This longboard has a 42-inch maple deck and 70-mm polyurethane wheels. Its ABEC-11 bearing and 7-inch alloy trucks could offer a hassle-free ride. The longboard could support up to 330 pounds. Notably, it is fully assembled inside its package. So, you don’t have to bother about assembling the components.
- Sturdy grip
- No assembling required
- Great look
- Faulty wheels limit the levels of movements
- Poor quality graphics
What size longboard is best for beginners?
The best size of longboard for beginners falls around 32” to 42”. For this range, the longboard is neither too small nor too long. Generally, longer longboards are usually too difficult for newbies to control. On the other hand, the smaller ones don’t offer the stability that beginners need. Hence, beginners should go for the recommended size range.
The longboards within the recommended size range are usually stable enough to make longboard dancing comfortable and easy for beginners. Besides, they can be used for doing almost anything you want. Therefore, they can boost the learning process of beginners.
How to start longboard dancing?
If you want to start longboard dancing, you should first have a good understanding of how to use a longboard for regular movements. You should also make sure you have the right gear to prevent injuries during the ride.
Afterward, you need to master the basic longboard dancing steps such as cross stepping. To do this, maintain the standard riding stance. Then, put your front foot back with its toes pointing forward. Turn your shoulders; hence, forcing your whole body to face forward. Now, use the back foot to cross over so that it stands before the front foot. Repeat the process but start with the other leg.
Top 5 easy elements of longboard dancing
To master longboard dancing, you should begin with the top 5 easy elements – cross-step skill, 180-step skill, switch 180-step skill, Peter Pan, and cross-step to Peter Pan.
- Cross step – it requires you to cross your feet interchangeably as you continue riding a longboard.
- 180 step – you need to use a simple trick to make a 180 turn on the longboard.
- Switch 180 step – this is almost the opposite of 180-step. It also requires you to make a 180-degree turn on your skateboard.
- Peter Pan – this simple element combines the tricks in cross-step, 180-step, and switch 180-step.
- Cross step to Peter pan – lastly, this element combines all the four elements mentioned above.
If you want to learn how to dance with the best dancing longboards, you should start by watching this video and checking out the fundamentals of longboard dance. Then, proceed to master the five basic elements of longboard dancing that every beginner must know.
Since balancing is a crucial element of longboard dancing, you must take time to study how you can practice your balance: here.
These tips don’t only help you to improve how to use dancing long boards, but they could also guarantee your safety during the activities.
Without a doubt, you now know some of the best dancing longboards available in the market. All the aforementioned products could serve you well as long as you understand longboard dancing. So, you shouldn’t hesitate to select the one that has all the features you are looking for and suits your specific taste.
Kevin Stard – professional sportsman in category MTB. Participant of the Downhill World Cup #1
- 1 1. Magneto Kicktail Cruiser Longboard Skateboard
- 2 2. Volador 42inch Freeride Longboard Complete Cruiser
- 3 3. Junli 41-inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard
- 4 4. White Wave Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete
- 5 5. Slendor 42-inch Longboard Skateboard
- 6 6. Gonex Longbord Skateboard
- 7 7. Seething 42 Inch Longboard Skateboard Complete Cruiser
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Tutorials
- 10 Conclusion