Various new forms of transportation are available nowadays, and an electric scooter is one of them. Generally, electric scooters come with a wide range of features that often make them fun to ride for most individuals. So, you can get an electric scooter for riding hills and mountains during your leisure time. It can also come in handy whenever you need to stay active to promote your overall wellbeing.
Fortunately, an electric scooter for hills is available at different price ranges. While some cost around $300, others will set you back by more than $1,000. Therefore, you might find something that suits your budget.
Are you looking for the best electric scooter for climbing hills? Let’s review the top 10 electric scooters for hills.
- Dimensions: 49" L x 25" W x 43" H | Weight: 117 lbs
- Motor: 1600 Watt (Brushless).
If you need an e-scooter with great control, the UberScoot 1600w might be one of your topmost choices. This electric scooter that can climb hills has been made with a world-class design. Therefore, some people consider it to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing e-scooter for hills.
The UberScoot 1600w has to be charged for about 6 to 8 hours. Afterward, it can be used for several hours. Normally, this electric scooter can go travel for a total of 12 miles. Also, it comes with an economy mode button. By switching to this mode, the battery of the scooter can last longer.
The UberScoot 1600W has a top speed of around 30mph. But you can only reach this top speed after disconnecting the speed limit of the speed limit wire. However, its price is considered to be slightly expensive.
- It has a state-of-the-art, modern design
- It can be folded to a smaller size for easy storage
- You can use this scooter offroad
- It doesn’t have a battery charge indicator
- It is quite heavier than some other scooters
This electric scooter for hill climbing is relatively affordable and provides one of the best ranges in the market. Gotrax G4 boasts of having bigger motors and eye-catching body designs. This high-performance scooter weighs only 36lbs. So, you might want to carry this e-scooter with you wherever you are going. Most of these amazing features are only available in pricier electric scooters.
Gotrax G4 Commuting Electric Scooter has a specially designed anti-theft combination lock. This lock system doesn’t require any special skills for anyone to use.
It is capable of traveling at a top speed of 20mph. Additionally, the scooter is easy to control. All these features mean that Gotrax G4 Commuting Electric Scooter could be the right product for beginners that need the best electric scooter for climbing hills. But you are advised to test this electric scooter before parting ways with your hard-earned money.
- It comes with a quiet motor and a large battery
- It features a digital lock system and digital display
- It is affordable
- It doesn’t have suspensions
- Its acceleration is slow
- It cannot function off-road
- 8. 5" Pneumatic tires - making the GXL the ultimate commuting scooter for overcoming treacherous city streets
- 250 watt motor - our most powerful scooter yet, the GXL has a top speed of 15. 5Mph and holds a maximum of 220 lbs.
Foremost, you should understand that Gotrax GXL V1 is not one of those fast-moving electric scooters. It can only move at a top speed of 15.5mph. The manufacturer particularly made this scooter to serve as a means of transportation in public places. Based on its build quality, rusts, scratches, etc. might have little or no effects on GXL V1.
In addition, Gotrax GXL V1 can hold a maximum weight of 220 lbs. Hence, it might be one of the best electric scooters for people with small or average weight. Also, this e-scooter doesn’t cost as much as some of the other electric scooters on this list.
The design of this electric scooter makes it portable. In addition, it could be folded down easily and stored in small spaces. Unfortunately, it is only capable of going 12 miles. So, if you are looking for long-range scooters, this might not be for you.
- It comes with an excellent build quality
- It has an LED speedometer
- It charges quickly
- It is affordable
- It doesn’t have a kickstand
- Its pedalboard is not ergonomic
EverCross Electric Scooter is another nice e scooter for hills. This scooter could provide you with the amazing tool you need to enjoy a healthier and more active lifestyle. It can travel for as long as 25 miles at 28mph. The scooter is easy to use, portable and has a minimalist design. Whether you are a pro or novice rider, you probably won’t struggle with using EverCross Electric Scooter.
The brakes of this electric scooter for hills are secure and smooth. All thanks to the exceptional E-braking system. Also, EverCross Electric Scooter is fully equipped with front and rear shock absorbers. So, you could experience vast comfort when you are enjoying a ride on this electric scooter that can climb hills.
Another safety feature of EverCross Electric Scooter is its high lumen headlamp. Consequently, you could ride this scooter during the day or night without fear of bumping into anything.
- It has a good dual braking system
- It can be used both on-road and offroad
- It is portable
- It has some externally exposed wiring. This could be a safety concern.
Macwheel MX PRO Electric Scooter is the upgraded version of its predecessor, MX1. It is capable of running 25 miles per charge. Therefore, this electric scooter for hills could be a great choice for commuting to work. You can easily and conveniently fold the scooter for storage.
The bigger battery of MX PRO means that you could get better mileage from it. Likewise, its speed makes it suitable for dealing with different inclinations and obstacles. This is why it might be the best electric scooter for climbing hills.
Notably, Macwheel MX PRO electric scooter can be connected to your mobile app. On the app, you can get info about the battery life, charge status, and top speed of your e-scooter. Similarly, you can control the headlamp of the scooter with the mobile app. The mobile app can also be used for locking and unlocking this e-scooter for hills.
- It has a one-step, easy-to-use foldable mechanism
- It is water-resistant
- It features a rear disc brake
- It doesn’t have suspensions
- You may experience some bugs when using the mobile app
- 800W Brushless Motor - Features powerful 800W motor, and 12.5AH battery, the electric scooters can reach 25 mph and 25% hill grade, travel up to 28miles (max load of 286 lbs), 3 ride modes to choose from.
- Wider 10in Off-road Air Tires - Titan adult eletric scooter with wider 10in pneumatic tires, And deeper lines provide perfect anti-seismic and anti-slip performance, it can keep a good riding experience in bad road conditions.
Hiboy Titan is perhaps the best electric scooter with a great humanized design. The anti-slip stand deck is wide enough to accommodate your large feet, especially if you are a big person. The deck also plays a key role in providing you a balanced and stable stance while riding the scooter.
Besides, it comes with an easy-to-read LED display. This display helps you to track information such as distance covered, speed, mode, and battery.
Portability is another feature most users like about this e-scooter. You just fold the scooter and fit it into your car’s trunk. So, if you are always on the go, the portability could seal the deal for you.
When it comes to safety, Hiboy Titan performs relatively great. It features a well-constructed shock absorber and dual disk brakes. So, you don’t have to worry about your safety and comfort while enjoying a ride on this electric scooter for hills.
- It has astounding safety features
- It features 3 ride modes
- It has an LED display
- It can run smoothly on bad road conditions
- Not recommended for heavy people
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE - ❤️UPS 10 Days Fast Shipping❤️ 350w powerful brushless direct current motor with max output 500w can boost the e-scooter for adults up to a high speed of 15.5 mph. High capacity 8Ah battery makes a max riding range reach 18.6 miles, max load of 265 lbs. Elegant inner wire design
Urban Drift S006 could be a great option for people that need a scooter for daily commuting. Even if you need to climb hills and mountains regularly, this electric scooter might be able to take care of your need. This best electric scooter for climbing hills can run at a top speed of 15.5mph. When fully charged, its battery could take you on a ride of over 21 miles.
Thankfully, Urban Drift boasts of featuring the dual braking system. This system might go a long way in assisting riders to stay in control of the e-scooter on various terrains. Furthermore, you can check battery life, speed, and other important data on the digital screen of this scooter.
And when you are done with the scooter, you could just fold it and keep it anywhere until the next time you want to ride it.
- It has a top-notch digital screen display
- It features a powerful motor for climbing hills
- Its tubeless tires aid shock absorption
- Because of its top speed, this e-scooter is not recommended for some teens and kids
- Adventures are only one kick away: With powerful 350W motor, Segway Ninebot KickScooter MAX G30LP can reach to 18. 6 mph, travel up to 25 miles and max load of 220 lbs.7x Walking Pace and 20% Hill Grade, G30LP strives to reach new heights of performance.
- Lightweight & Foldable: With a total weight of 38.6 lbs and one-click folding system, MAX G30LP can be folded with ease in a mere 3 clicks. It‘s easy to carry on public transportation, store in your car, take to any destination you desire effortlessly.
Despite its low price, Segway Ninebot G3OLP provides most of the things you will find in more expensive electric scooters for hills. You might enjoy maximum comfort and shock absorption due to its well-designed pneumatic tires. It also comprises a rear fender brake and E-ABS electric brake. These features could also contribute to your safety while riding Segway G30LP.
The e-scooter weighs less than 40 lbs and can be folded with just three clicks. So, it doesn’t come as a surprise that Segway G30LP might a wonderful choice for people that value portability.
Furthermore, Segway Ninebot G30LP doesn’t lack innovative technology. It is designed with a Smart Battery Management System (Smart-BMS). This system does not only offer a high power supply, but it also enables you to monitor the status of the battery. Consequently, this electric scooter for hills won’t just die off without giving you some warning.
- It has smart and innovative mobile app connectivity
- It comes with pneumatic tires for utmost safety and comfort
- It is portable
- It is affordable
- It is not for heavy people
- Dual Batteries: With an extra Lithium Ion battery and upgraded motor, ES4 boasts up to 800W of power, with a top-speed of 19 mph, travel up to 28 miles and accommodate a max load of 220 lbs. The ES4 can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
- Portable Folding Design: Ninebot Kickscooter by Segway ES4 is sleek, lightweight and features a one-step folding system. Now our riders can carry the ES4 scooter on public transportation, store it in your car and take it to any destination you desire.
This is another cool product from Segway that lots of commuters will probably like. This is because it boasts of having unrivaled range and power for climbing different hills and mountains. Even if you just need something to commute around the city, you could still count on Segway Ninebot ES4. Notably, it can travel at a top speed of 19mph.
Before getting this well-built e-scooter, you should think about its external battery. The battery boosts the range of this e-scooter but lowers its portability. The display of Segway ES4 is attached to the handlebars. Hence, you don’t need to struggle before accessing the important data of your ride.
The tires of ES4 are non-pneumatic. So, this should be a concern for you if you want to be riding this e-scooter regularly on hills and other uneven terrains. You might want to look at another scooter.
- It has an additional battery for long-range rides
- It features both rear and front suspension
- It is foldable
- The battery doesn’t charge quickly
- Its non-pneumatic are not good for uneven terrains
- The braking system needs some improvement
- Revolutionary Upgrade of Electric Scooters: With powerful 350W motor, Segway Ninebot MAX can reach to 18. 6 mph, travel up to 40. 4 miles and max load of 220 lbs. Our Smart Battery Management System assures the battery safety and extends the battery life, Input Voltage 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz
- Portable Folding Design: One-step folding system for easy portability. Segway Ninebot MAX electric scooter can be folded with ease in mere 3 seconds. Carry it on public transportation, store it in your car and any destination you desire effortlessly.
Segway Ninebot MAX electric kick scooter offers robust functionality and astonishing range at a relatively affordable cost. It also contains self-healing pneumatic tires. These tires could make it easier for you to continue riding after bumping into potholes and other obstacles. Besides, the tires make this e-scooter to be a good option for individuals that want to ride in pesky mountains and hills.
If you are tech-savvy, the LED display of this scooter could be another factor to consider. The display allows you to select from three different modes – Sports, Standard, and Eco. Also, connect your smartphone to Segway Ninebot Max to access various stats.
You could use a single charge of this e-scooter to cover as much as 40.4 miles. Only a few scooters could cover such lengthy miles. Its maximum speed of 18.6mph is enough to navigate safely on different roads.
- It can cover a long range
- It has self-healing tires
- It is water-resistant
- You can access ride stats through a mobile app
- It has different ride modes
- It doesn’t have a suspension
- It is slightly heavier than its alternatives
1. Can electric scooters go uphill?
In general, electric scooters can go uphill. So, if you are thinking about climbing hills, electric scooters could be a good choice for you. However, you should understand the steepness of the hill you want to climb will determine whether a scooter can climb it or not. Additionally, the power, weight, and tires of the scooter will affect its ability to go uphill.
An electric scooter that will go uphill must have adequate power and powerful tires to deal with the steepness of the hill. Notably, certain hills and mountains are so steep that even motorcycles and cars cannot climb them. So, you cannot expect an e-scooter to climb such hills.
2. How much power does a scooter need to ride uphill?
To ride uphill successfully, an electric scooter will need a high-torque motor of at least 250 watts. Notably, a watt is used for measuring the power of the motor. The higher the watts of the electric scooter, the better the chance to ride uphill. In addition to power, you need a long-lasting battery that will ensure that the battery can stay in good condition for an extended period.
Even with adequate power, you should try to ride the e-scooter with short, frequent, and continuous thrusts. Make sure your legs are alternated regularly as you continue to ride your e-scooter uphill.
3. How fast does a 500W electric scooter go?
An electric scooter with 500 watts is quite powerful to offer an average speed of around 20 to 25 mph. But some well-designed ones can have a top speed of about 28 to 30 mph. You should note that battery capacity, tire pressure, and weight of rider can affect how fast a 500W electric scooter can go.
With a single charge, a 500W electric should be able to go for 10 to 35 miles when it is running on an even ground. However, the speed will reduce slightly if the scooter is running on hilly or mountainous terrain.
With the information above, it should be easier for you to choose one that suits your taste and needs. However, if you are still having issues with selecting any of these products, you should consider some important features.
The first and most important feature is safety design. A Dual-braking system, anti-lock brakes, and ergonomic handles are crucial factors to think about before picking any electric scooter for hills. All these factors can go a long way in ensuring your safety while using the e-scooter.
Engine power is another feature to consider. This is especially true if you plan to use the electric scooter for climbing mountains and hills regularly. Other features you should look for in an e-scooter are durability, battery life, and balance weight.
- 1 1. UberScoot 1600w 48v Electric Scooter
- 2 2. Gotrax G4 Commuting Electric Scooter
- 3 3. Gotrax GXL V1 Commuting Electric Scooter
- 4 4. EverCross Electric Scooter with 800W Motor
- 5 5. Macwheel MX PRO Electric Scooter
- 6 6. Hiboy Titan Electric Scooter
- 7 7. Urban Drift S006 Electric Scooter for Adults and Teen
- 8 8. Segway Ninebot KickScooter MAX G30LP
- 9 9. Segway Ninebot ES4 Electric Kick Scooter
- 10 10. Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Kick Scooter
- 11 FAQ
- 12 Summary