There is no doubt that electric scooters have become fashionable. We see them everywhere, and more and more. It is an excellent vehicle for personal mobility, and also an attractive means of transport for the children of the house to gain more autonomy. Would you like to have one, but do you think the price is an issue? Keep reading this guide because in this article first, we are going to show you the best electric scooter under $300. In all cases, these scooters can be used by an adult and by children. You can think that because they are cheap, they are not of quality. Well, some times it is possible but not all the time.
Best Electric Scooter Under $300
Our selection is based on hours of research on budget electric scooters
The table of the top 3 e-scooters under $ 300 is our research and recommendation for choosing.
For complete information, we recommend reading the reviews for each of the scooters below
1. Razor E300 Electric Scooter – Matte Gray – Best electric scooter for adults under $300
- With its super-sized deck and frame, the Razor E300 electric scooter is ready to roll for teen and adult riders up to 220 pounds (100 kg)
- Powered by a 250-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers a top speed of up to 15 mph (24 km/h)
The Razor E300 is the best electric scooter under $300 that has proven to be of good quality at a competitive price. Despite the fact that it may seem like specifications below market standards, its strongest point is its extremely low price, which makes it one of the most popular choices for users looking to buy their first electric scooter at the possible cheapest price. It has a battery with a 24-volt rechargeable battery which can allow riders to take cruise up to 40 minutes continuously. It comes with large tires (10 inches), which gives it good cushioning and a safer and more pleasant ride. It highlights the high quality of the tire that provides a puncture index much lower than the competition. It reaches a maximum speed of 15mph (24kmh) and the maximum recommended weight is 220lbs ( 100kg). In short, if you are looking for good benefits at a fairly affordable price, this is your scooter.
- Maximum speed: 24km/h – 15mph
- Autonomy: continuous use of upto 40 minutes
- Wheels: 10 inches
- Motor: 250W high speed
- Foldable: No
- Max load capacity: 100kg/220lbs
- Great Autonomy
- Dual Disc Brakes
- Twist-grip acceleration control
- Rear Brake
- Best value electric scooter
- Slow battery charging
2. Segway Ninebot ES1L
- Introducing the Camera-Ready Scooter: With powerful 250W motor, Segway Ninebot ES1L can reach to 12.4 mph, travel up to 12.4 miles, accommodate a max load of 220 lbs.The vehicle design is seamless, which showcases its superior craftmanship.IPX4 Water-Resistant
- Lightweight & Foldable: The aerospace-grade aluminum alloy body material gives ES1L a portable weight of 24.9lbs. With one-click folding system, it’s easy to carry on public transportation, store in your car. Take it with you to wherever and whenever.
- Portable and foldable – the Swagger 5 e-scooter collapses for easy storage in car trunks and closets, beneath subway seats, and inside other compact spaces.
The Swagger electric scooter is positioned on the market as a fairly robust, powerful construction (250W motor). This electric scooter provides a maximum speed of up to 29 km/h and a range of 9-17 km, covering the travel needs of most people. Swagger is positioned at the forefront of electric scooters with a removable battery. This makes it the ideal scooter for those seeking freedom when moving without having to go through the inconvenience of having to place the scooter near an electrical outlet, with the inconvenience that they entail especially in some places of work. It has an LED panel with an on-board computer and cruise control located on the handlebar that gives us driving data such as speed and battery level. Includes tougher 8.5-inch forever wheels tubeless tires (with blowout and puncture prevention system) and a disc braking and ABS-E brake system, which combines an electric brake acting on the front wheel and a manual and disc brake acting on the rear wheel providing extreme driving safety. It has Bluetooth connectivity with the brand’s app and anti-theft lock system. The Swagger folding electric scooter is positioned as one of the best electric scooters of the moment in terms of performance and design.
- Maximum speed: 29km/h – 18mph
- Autonomy: 6-11 miles (9-17.7Km)
- Wheels: 8.5 inches
- Motor: 250W motor
- Foldable: Yes
- Connectivity: iOS and Android App via Bluetooth
- Battery: Lithium-Ion 36V 6Ah
- App Connectivity
- LED front light
- Riding Modes: 3 Speed Modes, Cruise Control
- Airless Tires
- GPS Map routes
- Best electric scooter under 300
- Some customers said it is not suitable for weight more than 220lbs
- MOST CLASSIC AND RELIABLE - The GXL V2 is the Gotrax most classic, mature, and reliable electric scooter . The GLX V2 has an large console, long battery life, folding mechanism, and has passed stringent UL2272 testing.
- IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE - Featuring a 187.2 Wh Battery the GXL V2 travels up to 12miles and recharges in about 4 Hours. Top Speed 15.5mph. We suggest you check the tires once a month and inflate tires in time to ensure that the tire pressure is 340kpa(50PSI). Only normal tire pressure can ensure normal range.
It is probably the ideal option for those users who are looking for a good performance electric scooter near $300 for teenagers at a very competitive price. Gotrax has been offering quality in this market for some time. This Gotrax scooter has a good autonomy (14-20 km) making it ideal for the first trips around the neighborhood or in the city. Its 250W motor offers more power than other models, being able to climb slopes of up to 15º, and a maximum speed of 25 km/h, comparable to high-end scooters. It offers a maximum load capacity of 100 kg making it a very resistant and versatile scooter since it can be used by all members of the family, although remember that if it is to be used continuously it is exclusively designed for teenagers. It is light and easy to fold making it a very transportable scooter ideal for those children and adolescents who use it as a means of transport to go to school or after school activities.
- Maximum speed: 25km/h – 15.5mph
- Autonomy: 9-12 miles (14-20Km)
- Wheels: 8.5 inches
- Motor: 250W motor
- Foldable: Yes
- Load Capacity: 100kg/220lbs
- Battery: Lithium-Ion 36V 5.2Ah
- Folding electric scooter
- Excellent autonomy
- Powerful motor
- Air filled tire
- Best electric scooter for commuting
- Does not have LED head lamp
- Blue LEDs on the deck that light up each time you twist the throttle!.Kickstand: Retractable. Some assembly required
- Powered by a 100-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 10 mph (16 km/h)
The Razor E100 electric scooter presents excellent technical characteristics at a fairly competitive price and designed for up to 8 years old. It has a chain-driven motor which will provide us with a maximum speed of 16 km/h. Its battery will provide us with an acceptable autonomy (40 minutes of continuous use) and charging time (12h). This electric scooter also includes twist-grip acceleration control. One of the strengths of this electric scooter is that it includes features that are more characteristic of high-end scooters such as hand-operated brake, and high torque. It also includes a kick start system and rear-wheel drive increase control and traction. It is probably the best for those users who are looking for a cheap electric scooter under 300 with premium range features at a very competitive price.
- Maximum speed: 16km/h – 10mph
- Autonomy: 40 minutes
- Wheels: 8 inches
- Motor: Chain Start
- Foldable: No
- Load Capacity: 55kg/120lbs
- Battery: 24V (two 12V)
- Great autonomy
- Blue LED’s light up the deck
- Retractable kickstand
- Best electric scooter for kids
- Does not have disc brakes
6. Swagtron Swagger 8 – Best Folding Electric Scooter under 300 for kids
- POWERFUL, QUIET, SOLID — A whisper-quiet motor powers this motorized scooter up to 15 mph for 10 miles on a single 3-hour charge. And its ultra-durable frame, made from aerospace-grade aluminum, supports young riders up to 150 lb.
- SMOOTH RIDING EXPERIENCE — Say goodbye to flats. This eScooter rolls on maintenance-free 5.5” rubber tires that can handle rougher pavement like a boss. The spring-coil suspension delivers a liquid-smooth ride you’ll have to feel to believe.
The folding aluminum scooter under $300 dollars from the Swagtron brand has a 200 W motor that provides a maximum speed of 19.3 km/h. It also has a lithium battery which provides autonomy of 16 km and charging time just 3 hours, allowing you to quickly charge it and always have the scooter available for use. In addition to all these characteristics, its weight attracts attention, since with only 7 kg it is the lightest scooter on the market. It has proven to have excellent performance, probably becoming the best option if you are looking for a truly portable scooter since its lightness makes it really comfortable for those people who have to combine scooter rides with other means of transport (metro, car or bus). You can really carry it with one hand without involving much physical effort. It includes an LCD screen where we can see data that indicates speed, partial distance, total distance, battery capacity, and usage time, among others. It has front suspension and cruiser control. It also has an IP4 sealing level that guarantees safe driving in a drizzle, although we do not recommend driving this scooter (or any other) in heavy rain due to slippery ground conditions. The Swagtron folding electric scooter is still one of the best options if you want to buy an adult electric scooter with an extraordinary quality-price ratio. You will have a best electric scooter under 300 with excellent performance.
- Maximum speed: 19.3km/h – 12mph
- Autonomy: 16km / 10miles
- Wheels: 5.5 inches
- Motor: 200W
- Foldable: Yes
- Load Capacity: 68kg/150lbs
- Brake Type:: Electric, Rear friction, “Auto guard”,
- Front suspension
- LCD display
- Cruiser control
- Kick start for battery opitimizing
- 3 braking system
- Small wheels
- The easy to ride Razor Power A2 electric scooter features a kick-to-start, high-torque, hub motor, providing lithium-ion powered electric scooter action at speeds up to 10 mph (16 km/h) for up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Compact and lightweight, the Power A2 features our patent-pending, anti-rattle folding mechanism that makes it a breeze to fold up and carry with you when you’re on-the-go or safely store when you reach your destination
The Razor power A2 belongs to the family of mid-range electric scooters, being a versatile and functional scooter for those who do not require intensive use of it and nor they are willing to spend a lot of money. It has a 22-volt power hub motor which allows it for quick and smooth acceleration. It can be used for up to 40 minutes continuously with one charge and the maximum speed of this e-scooter has 16 km/h. This makes it the ideal electric scooter for those people for whom they place great value on whether safety is important or when there is a lot of traffic both for vehicles and for pedestrians. The only downside is that it does not have the disc brake within mid-range scooters.
- Maximum speed: 16km/h – 10mph
- Autonomy: 40 minutes
- Wheels: Urethane
- Motor: Hub motor
- Foldable: Yes
- Load Capacity: 65kg/143lbs
- Brake Type: Foot brake
- Excellent autonomy
- Push-button throttle control
- Disc Brakes
How to choose the Best Cheap Electric Scooter under $300?
When buying a cheap electric scooter it is important that you pay attention and understand its technical specifications. Thus, you will know exactly what type of device you have in your hands. The most important thing you should pay attention to is:
Speed and Autonomy
The best electric scooters for adults can reach speeds of up to 50 km/h. However, cheap electric scooter travels at a slower speed. In general, its top speed is around 15 km/h to 30 km/h, as a maximum limit. It depends on the model. The autonomy is also usually less, although in this section the difference between cheap and expensive scooters is not so great. For example, some of the models with higher battery performance can cover up to 45 km, but other high-range scooters only reach 25 km. A cheap electric scooter within 500 dollars can usually cover between 15 km and 25 km. It depends on the model.
Electric Motor and Electric Power
Adult electric scooters come equipped with electric motors. The most common are brushless motors and brush motors. Brushless motors are of higher quality as they last longer. But they are also more expensive. Brush motors are cheaper. The main reason is that the brushes begin to deteriorate after a time of use. However, these types of motors are more powerful than brushless ones. Their lower price added to their greater power, make them the ones that carry most of the cheap electric scooters .
The battery is one of the most important factors when buying an electric scooter. The cheaper models use lead and acid batteries, which are heavier than lithium batteries. The lithium batteries are more expensive but lighter and its life can be up to twice the life of a battery acid/lead.
The wheels on a cheap electric scooter are usually small and thin. These types of wheels are ideal for moving around the city and on smooth pavements. They tend to have greater acceleration than a large-wheeled scooter, but offer less cushioning and don’t do well in rough terrain.
The brakes are a fundamental factor in a battery of electric scooters since they are the main element of safety. The most widely used types of brakes on adult electric scooters are drum and disc brakes. Disc brakes are the most recommended for this type of vehicle since their braking capacity is greater. However, this type of brake is very rare in a cheap electric scooter, since its braking system is usually manual.
Design and Construction
The design and construction of a cheap 2-wheel electric scooter are similar to that of higher quality models. While a low-priced electric scooter is usually lighter than expensive, don’t expect it to have a lot of accessories. The frame of cheap scooter scooters is generally made of aluminum. This gives it robustness to withstand the maximum load, while at the same time being light, making it easy to transport. In fact, this type of electronic scooter does not usually exceed 15 kg.
Best electric scooters for adults have a maximum load capacity. It refers to the weight that they are able to transport without breaking the structure of the scooter. An electric scooter with saddle tends to withstand a heavier load. They often come with accessories to carry luggage, such as luggage racks or baskets, as well as the saddle. It is one of the reasons why its construction is more resistant. However, a cheap electric scooter usually withstands weights of between 80 and 120 kg of load.
One of the main advantages of a cheap electric scooter is that they are very light. The weight of this type of vehicle is usually not greater than 15 kg, which makes it perfect to carry everywhere.
Accessories for Electric Scooters
You may find yourself in the situation of wanting an electric scooter but it lacks a benefit, which for your taste is very important, and although you can not pay what a high-end model is worth. Fortunately, the market for electric scooters is huge and growing, which is why many companies have launched numerous accessories for all types of electric scooters in order to improve their performance at a really affordable price. You can find everything from reflective stickers to spare saddles or cameras and wheels. I recommend you go through our section of accessories for electric scooters where you will find a selection of the best-selling accessories for electric scooters and best valued by customers.
Why buy Cheap Electric Scooter?
Because buying a low-priced electric scooter will allow you to make a foray into this world without the risk of spending too much money on something that may not end up convincing you. On the other hand, if you end up falling in love with an electric scooter with two wheels, you can always choose a better model. Buying the best cheap electric scooter is also a good idea if you want to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions but are on a tight budget. A cheap electric scooter is usually lightweight than the more expensive models, so it represents an advantage when transporting it.
Guide to Buying a Cheap Electric Scooter
When buying a cheap electric scooter it is very important to know the technical characteristics of this type of equipment. Thus, you will choose judiciously and it will be more difficult for you to be disappointed. At Bikes Fact, we show you choosing the best two-wheeled electric scooter model that best suits your needs and your budget. For this reason, we have prepared this small guide where we talk about all the important factors that you should take into mind.
What kind of Cheap Electric Scooters are there?
The most common type of best cheap electric scooter is the classic model – with two small in-line wheels, a narrow platform, and lightweight construction. The vast majority of these cheap adult electric scooters are foldable. The handlebar can be folded for a more compact shape and easier to carry. Some cheap scooters also have an accessory that gives a lot of play, especially in terms of comfort: the saddle. However, the best cheap electric scooter with saddle won’t offer as much comfort as the more expensive models. The kid’s electric scooter is usually the cheapest electric scooter of all. It is because its construction is not so resistant since it must bear much less weight. The price is also influenced by the performance of the motor and the battery, which is lower so that it is safe for a child to use it.
How to use a Cheap Electric Scooter?
Using an electric scooter is very easy to use. First, you’ll want to put the foot you use the most on the scooter’s platform. If you are right, you will place your right foot on the urban scooter and you will propel yourself with the left. If you are left-handed, you need to do the opposite. You should start moving smoothly. Never push yourself too hard or push the throttle to the maximum when you start to move. As, in addition to being dangerous, you could end up damaging the two-wheel electric scooter. Also, remember to slow down every time you go around a curve. This is really important as you could tip over and get hurt. You could also severely damage the base of the scooter.
What is the Price of Best Electric Scooters under 300?
When asked: How much does an electric scooter cost? »We only have one answer: IT DEPENDS. The best thing to choose the best electric scooter for you is that you first determine your needs and then go search within the range of e-scooters that best suit them. We will find cheap adult electric scooters intended for occasional use around 200 dollars. However if you want the best electric scooter with a little more benefits you should think about spending around 300 dollars.
Kevin Stard – professional sportsman in category MTB. Participant of the Downhill World Cup #1
- 1 Best Electric Scooter Under $300
- 2 1. Razor E300 Electric Scooter – Matte Gray – Best electric scooter for adults under $300
- 3 2. Segway Ninebot ES1L
- 4 3. Swagger Folding Electric Scooter for Adults 8.5 Inch
- 5 4. GOTRAX GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter – 8.5
- 6 5. Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter
- 7 6. Swagtron Swagger 8 – Best Folding Electric Scooter under 300 for kids
- 8 7. Razor Power A2 Electric Scooter
- 9 How to choose the Best Cheap Electric Scooter under $300?
- 10 Accessories for Electric Scooters
- 11 Why buy Cheap Electric Scooter?
- 12 Guide to Buying a Cheap Electric Scooter
- 13 What kind of Cheap Electric Scooters are there?
- 14 How to use a Cheap Electric Scooter?
- 15 What is the Price of Best Electric Scooters under 300?