Are you planning to buy a mountain bike? Have you started the search for the best full suspension mountain bike on a budget?
If yes, you’ve come to the right place. Dual suspension mountain bike comes in a variety of brands, sizes, and specifications. Choosing one can be particularly tricky if you’ve never owned a MTB before.
But there’s no need to worry. Here, we help you understand why a mountain bike is an excellent investment for bikers. We assist you in selecting the best full suspension mountain bike under 2000.
Advantages of Full Suspension Mountain Bikes Over Hardtail Bikes
Be it a hardtail or a full suspension, almost all MTB have suspensions. They’re what keep you safe when you ride over uneven and rough terrain.
But these two types of suspension offer differences in terms of bicycle behavior on the road or on uneven terrain.
If you’re used to riding a hardtail bike, or you’re new to mountain biking, you may be hesitant to purchase a full suspension bike.
But there’s a reason why full suspension mountain bikes under $2000 are so popular around the world.
In fact, there’s more than one reason:
Best full suspension mountain bikes are built for the trails
You can ride them on mountainous, rocky, gravelly, and muddy terrains without fear of a fall. Hardtails are better-suited for smooth terrains.
Full suspension mountain bikes are more comfortable to ride on
Mountainous terrain can be unforgiving on the derrière. But this is where a full-suspension mountain bike’s magic comes through. The rear suspensions and rear shock-absorbers of the bike stabilize the wheel while riding and ensure your bike doesn’t hurt your hindquarters.
Fully mountain bike can help you expand your repertoire of bike tricks
If you’re the type of rider who loves to try jumps and turns and scary descends, then a full-suspension mountain bike is for you. As mentioned, full suspensions are built for hardy and aggressive rides, making them excellent if you want to get adventurous with your biking.
Dual suspension mountain bike allows you to upgrade the bike with minimum effort
Upgrading a hardtail to a full suspension is expensive and time-consuming. You’ll have to replace the entire bike frame, get the rear suspension and shock-absorbers installed, and more. But when you buy a full-suspension mountain bike at the outset, upgrades become easier. Since the bike already has the works, you only need to replace smaller components and not the entire frame.
Full suspension mountain bikes are highly versatile
Full suspension mountain bikes come with lockout suspensions that allow you to change how rigid, or loose, the suspension is. This feature is really useful if the terrain you’re riding on has a lot of ups and downs.
Now that you know why you need to buy a full-suspension mountain bike consider the options you have.
Best Full Suspension Mountain Bike on a Budget: Top 5 Choices
- Full Suspension Aluminum Frame with 50mm Steel Crown Fork
- 24" Alloy Rims
Coming from the repertoire of the reputed bicycle manufacturing company, Kent International Inc., the Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike is currently one of the most popular brands in the market.
In 2018, the bike was voted in the “Top 10 Mountain Bikes On The Budget” by critics and professional bikers. This is high praise indeed. This full-suspension mountain bike was also in the list of the “Best Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes” list the same year.
By dual suspension, we mean full suspension. This bike brand was reviewed very favorably for the strength and precision of its braking, making it an excellent vehicle for tricky, slippery, and dangerous mountain terrains.
Features and Specifications
- Brand: Northwoods
- 26-inch dual suspension aluminum frame
- 50 mm travel steel crown fork delivers solid suspension
- Shimano rear derailleur
- Dual linear-pull brakes
- 24-inch alloy rim wheels
- Dimensions: 68 x 23 x 38 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight: 42 lb
- Warranty: Contact the Seller
- Ideal for road biking & mountain biking
- Can be used by both men & women
- Available in numerous colors
- Wide and knobby wheels offer excellent grip and stability on tough terrains
- 21-speed levels that can be adjusted
- Can be fitted into/on medium-to-big sized cars – very portable
- Lightweight at 42lb and easy to lift and carry in patches where riding is too difficult
- Additional back seat cannot be attached to the mountain bike
- Not suitable to perform dangerous/challenging jumps, steep descends, and tricks
A sturdy full suspension mountain bike explicitly designed to give bikers a thrilling and enjoyable ride, the Vertical Equator 26″ Dual Suspension Mountain Bike Black makes for a great purchase.
Coming at a very affordable price, this full-suspension bike is inexpensive and extremely hardy, perfect for long rides out on rocky and hilly trails.
In addition to mountainous terrains, this mountain bike is also great on roads within the city.
Extremely powerful features give the rider great control in traffic.
Features and Specifications
- Brand: Dynacraft
- 26-inch frame perfect for people of all body types
- Shimano index derailleur with twist grip shifting
- V-brakes both on the front and rear wheels
- Deluxe paint finish with high resolution painted design
- Alloy rim wheels with VL-320D levers
- Dimensions: 64 x 23 x 40 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight: 37 lb
- Warranty: 1 year
- Sturdy and dependable full-body aluminum frame
- Ideal for kids and adults
- Suitable for people within the height range of 5’3″ and 6’2″
- Can support rider weight up to 275 lb
- 21 adjustable speed controls that make biking a joy
- Quick-release seat post to offer greater comfort during the ride
- Strong enough to handle advanced biking tricks on complicated terrains
- Assembly required after purchase, making it a bit cumbersome for novice riders
- Seat is not as large as other brands and might be uncomfortable for some riders
- Aluminum MTB frame with hydroformed tubing and a powerful front suspension fork is strong and reliable; 26-inch wheels fit riders 64 to 74 inches tall
- 21-speed shifters make for smooth gear changes on every ride
Developed first in the late 1970s, the Mongoose brand of bicycles has been part of the BMX race circuit since 1980.
Feminine, elegant, and tough as nails, the Mongoose Status Mountain Bike has been reputed as one of the best Women’s mountain bike brands in the market.
But a few years ago, they released a new range of unisex full suspension mountain bikes under 2000 that’s perfect for women and men.
With its modified design and stellar color combination, the Mongoose Status 2.2 Mountain Bike for Men and Women looks extremely powerful.
Chockful of features, this mountain bike brand is the perfect all-terrain companion for amateurs and professionals alike.
Features and Specifications
- Brand: Mongoose
- Full suspension step-thru aluminum MTB frame fitted with Hydroformed tubing
- Smooth Shimano rear derailleur
- Adjustable 21 speeds
- Strong V brakes at the front and the rear
- Alloy rimmed wheels of 26*2.125 (D*W) inches
- Riser handlebar that provides upright seating
- Weight: 41 lb
- Warranty: 1 year
- One of the most advanced models of its line
- Lightweight at 42 pounds
- Strong front suspension fork that offers constant support on steep and rocky trails
- Frames available in a 26-inch size, perfect for men and tall women
- Knobby and wide wheels that provide excellent friction and ride over any obstacle
- Special handlebars with red-colored plugs that retain the iconic MTB appearance
- On the expensive side of the scale
- V-brakes easily susceptible to rain, mud, and ice – need regular replacing
- Has very low roll-over ability
- Some assembly required post-purchase – assembly of brakes is difficult
4. Land Rover G4 Dual Suspension 18″ Gents Orange Bike
Take on challenging trails, steep descents, and tiring hills with the help of the Land Rover G4 Dual Suspension 18″ Gents Orange Bike. Made for bikers who love the thrill of the woods, this full-suspension mountain bike offers a variety of features you’ll love.
A limited-edition model, the Land Rover G4 Dual Suspension 18″ Gents Orange Bike is part of a new line of full-suspension mountain bikes by the brand. With its flaming orange color and elegant frame, it makes a sight for the eyes.
Features and Specifications
- Brand: Land Rover
- Model: G4
- Full-suspension mountain bike made from 7005 aluminum alloy
- 18-inch frame
- 26-inch anodized alloy wheels with WTB Velociraptor tires
- Cross-country bike with a unique travel XC design
- Swing arm suspension support that offers excellent torsional stiffness
- Dual Tektro IO disc brakes at the front and rear
- Shimano rear derailleur with STI triggers shifters
- Suntour crankset with preload adjusters
- Weight: 46 lb
- Warranty: Contact the seller
- Increased ground clearance, thanks to the dropped top tube
- Disc-mounted profiled tubes can be customized
- 21-speed gears
- Safety lock front QR offers immense protection
- Riser-style handlebars help maintain good posture while riding and avoid pain
- Tioga soft mushroom grips give utmost comfort during the ride
- Comes with alloy micro-adjustable seat post
- Does not support excessive tricks, jumps and sudden turns
- Gears need to be replaced more frequently than other components
Meant for long-distance rides that test your mettle, the Sentuca OYMA Power 26 in 21-Speed Full Suspension MTB Bike is one of the leading brands in the market today.
This full-suspension mountain bike is a folding bike; that is, you can dis-assemble it after use and carry it wherever you go. This feature makes the bike the perfect companion for mountain bikers who travel a lot.
This bike is great if you enjoy camping – you can dis-assemble and store the bike after the ride and keep it safe from theft and vandalism.
Sturdy and capable of supporting heavy loads, you can even ride out carrying heavy backpacks.
Features and Specifications
- Brand: Sentuca
- Full-suspension high carbon steel bike with foldable frame
- Dimensions: 37*34*15 (LWH) inches
- 26-inch magnesium wheels
- Front TZ-30 derailleur and rear TZ-50 derailleur
- Tolan disc brakes with MTB brake lever
- Shimano EF500 3*7 shifters
- Black Shark 31.8 four nail combination handlebar
- Weight: 44 lb
- Warranty: Contact the seller
- Long chain with 108 links offers a comfortable cycling experience
- Powerful disc brakes make riding on rough terrains safer
- Aerodynamically designed handlebar improves posture
- Extremely stylish and elegant in appearance
- Foldable parts come in a high-quality and hygienic bag that can be easily cleaned
- Easy assembly
- Parts need to be replaced regularly
- Warranty covers the only frame and is available only for one year
- Schwinn aluminum dual suspension frame and powerful Schwinn suspension fork soak up bumps and thumps to provide you a durable riding experience
- 24 speed shifters and front and rear derailleurs make gear changes easy and smooth
The Schwinn Traxion Mountain Bike is one of the top bikes when you are looking for something comfortable that will allow you to ride. It features a frame made from aircraft-grade aluminum while offering traction on the large 26-inch wheels. The 24-speed Shimano drivetrain is perfect for finding the most comfortable gear.
- Durable Frame: To assist in absorbing all of the bumps, the durable aluminum frame will be perfect for durability.
- Tires: Aside from being 26-inches in size, the tires are also 2.25-inches wide, enabling you to have a lot more grip.
- Drivetrain: A massive 24-speed drivetrain offers the most options for beginners to find a comfortable riding gear to get started.
- Availability: The only downside is the availability of the bike, and it is not always readily available for everyone.
Mongoose has always been one of the most reliable mountain bike brands out there. The 26″ Mongoose Blackcomb Mountain Bike features a full aluminum frame, with a 21-speed drivetrain. The 26-inch wheels are large enough for most adults, while the design of the bike is made from durable aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Affordable: One thing you might notice is that this is one of the most affordable options on the market today.
- Brakes: The bike feature disc brakes at the front and rear of the bike for more efficient stopping power.
- Size: While the bike is available in the 26-inch design, numerous different sizes should accommodate all riders.
- Stale: Unfortunately, the bike is not available in a variety of colors and might become stale quite fast.
In the world of cycling, the name Diamondback is synonymous with some of the best mountain bikes on the market today. The Diamondback Bicycles Release Full Suspension Mountain Bike might be a bit expensive, but it is constructed from hydroformed aluminum tubing while offering a combination of lightweight and durability.
- Lightweight: The bike is one of the lightest on the market today, and can go toe to toe with the top carbon fiber bikes.
- Durable: Even with the lightweight, the bike remains one of the most durable options on the market today.
- Multiple Options: There are numerous options of the bike available, including one that is made from carbon fiber.
- Price: No matter how you cut it, the bike remains one of the most expensive options on the market today.
Nowadays, most bikes are designed for men and women, but the Diamondback Bicycles LUX Comp Women’s Mountain Bike features an ergonomic design that is specifically made for women. It is constructed from durable aluminum while featuring a 1 x 11 SRAM drivetrain that could offer comfort to any rider.
We need to highlight the Rockshox 30 Silver fork, offering 100mm travel, with lockout, compression, and rebound adjustment. Needless to say, Rockshox is included in our list of the best mountain bike forks.
- Ergonomic Design: As mentioned, the bike features an ergonomic design, specifically targeted at women.
- Frame: The durable aluminum frame will offer comfort and durability, regardless of the terrain you take on.
- Price: Compared to many of the bikes from Diamondback, it is one of their cheaper options on the market.
- Hardtail: While it can be designed with a dual suspension system, the bike frame is mostly hardtail, which makes climbing easier.
If you don’t want to spend a fortune on the top bikes, you can settle for the Y56 Outroad Mountain Bike. The bike features a durable frame, made from solid steel. It includes 26-inch wheels that will offer you comfort while giving you 21-speeds to help navigate all terrains and find the most comfortable rider settings.
- Basic: There is not much fancy going on with the bike and it is mostly basic. The basic design means you don’t have to learn any special skills.
- Durable: Since the frame is constructed from solid steel, it is also one of the most durable options available.
- Affordable: All of these features will combine to give you something durable and affordable for riding mountains.
- Weight: Unfortunately, it remains one of the heavier bikes on the list due to being constructed with a basic steel frame.
Dual Suspension mountain bikes are often expensive, but the ZLOLIA 24in Folding Mountain Bike is one of the cheaper options on the market. Once again, we have a bike constructed from solid steel, while featuring 24-inch wheels that should be ideal for most beginners to get started. The 24-speed drivetrain is perfect for beginners to learn the ropes.
- Quick Shift: One of the main benefits of the bike is the quick shift feature. The bike has twist shifters for the gears.
- Lightweight: It is slightly smaller than most of the competitors, which makes the bike lightweight and easier to manage.
- Affordable: We have included it as a budget bike due to the affordability of the components and the design.
- Size: 24-inch wheels might be a bit too small for most riders, but will do the job for most kids starting.
Having large spokes in wheels is often associated with bikes that ride on the road. However, the HDGTSA 26 Inch Mountain Bike is one of the unique options that features a dual suspension and large spokes for the off-road terrains. The bike is constructed from solid steel and gives you a few design options when buying.
- Foldable: One of the main features is that you can fold the bike when traveling and when storing it.
- Unique Tires: The unique tire design offers more strength and durability when taking on some hilly terrains.
- Easy To Assemble: While the bike arrives partially assembled, it is one of the easier options to assemble when you get it.
- Weight: Due to having all of these accessories, it is no secret that the bike is a bit heavier than many of its counterparts.
Three Fun & Easy Tricks That Will Make Your Ride Stylish
Now that you’ve seen the list of the full-suspension mountain bikes you can buy let’s just take a moment to look at all the fun, easy, and safe tricks you can do on these bikes:
A cousin of the wheelie, the wheelie drop, is great if you’re facing a trail with lots of short drops. The move gives you time to pause and safely land without losing control during descent.
Cycle at a slow pace. Shift your center of gravity back onto the rear wheel. Do a wheelie until you reach the edge of the drop. This will allow you to hop-off the edge and land safely without wobbling.
Although it looks a lot like the wheelie, Manual is a technically different trick. It allows you to gain speed when cycling in the mountains. You start with the same movement as in a wheelie.
Bring your chest down towards the handlebars. Push-off from the bars and shift your weight to the rear wheel. When you do this, your buttocks should be placed behind the rear axle, and your legs should be fully extended.
Instead of continuing to pedal, like in the wheelie, you push downwards on the pedals as the front wheel lifts off the ground.
Bring your chest closer to the handlebar and push down with your arms. Your weight should be pressing down on the front wheel. Simultaneously, press down on the pedals with your toes.
This will lift your rear wheel. Immediately sit back up, with your chest away from the handlebars, and yank the handlebar upwards towards you. This will raise your front wheel off the ground, and you’ll be airborne.
You can use this trick to avoid larger obstacles like rocks or pieces of wood on the trail.
Conclusion and Best Offer
Buying the best full-suspension mountain bike under 2000 $ is a wonderful experience. We hope this guide has helped you make a more informed decision.
Well, our vote goes to the Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike.
The reason is simple. This mountain bike is high in quality, rich in features, comes in an amazing selection of colors, and is supremely cost-effective. In fact, it’s one of the least expensive bikes on the market today.
- 1 Advantages of Full Suspension Mountain Bikes Over Hardtail Bikes
- 2 1. Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- 3 2. Dynacraft Vertical Equator 26″ Dual Suspension
- 4 3. Mongoose Status 2.2 Mountain Bike for Men and Women
- 5 4. Land Rover G4 Dual Suspension 18″ Gents Orange Bike
- 6 5. Sentuca OYMA Power 26 in 21-Speed Full Suspension Folding MTB Bike
- 7 6. Schwinn Traxion Mountain Bike
- 8 7. Mongoose Blackcomb Mountain Bike
- 9 8. Diamondback Bicycles Release Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- 10 9. Diamondback Bicycles LUX Comp Women’s Mountain Bike
- 11 10. Y56 Outroad Mountain Bike
- 12 11. ZLOLIA 24in Folding Mountain Bike
- 13 12. HDGTSA 26 Inch Mountain Bike